Thank you to everyone who sends money to help keep the server up and running so everybody can have a good time it is appreciated

Pending Interview Uxguy1 - Administrator Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Uxguy, May 21, 2020.

1. Uxguy

Uxguy Member

Getting to know you
    Steam Name: Uxguy1

RP Characters: Uriel Lyn - (Pearls , SAFR), Harry Cruise (Fueler), Casstiel Lyn (No job)

Your Age(Min 18): 22

How long have you been a member of Greenleaf? about 1 Year

Are you currently a Staff member in any capacity? No

In a minimum of 50 words, tell us about yourself:

Hello, I'm Uxguy. I enjoy playing video games and hanging out with people. I get along with everybody anywhere, and I've been playing games since the Nintendo Gameboy.
    I was introduced to FiveM about 1 year ago and I've really enjoyed my time here at Greenleaf Gaming and getting to know all the different people from day to day. Most of my role-play history is based around MilSim style games like Arma 2 and Arma 3 which makes FiveM my first “Life” styled role-play, this last year of Role-playing here on Greenleaf gaming has Improved myself in many different ways.
    When I first came to FiveM, I didn't know which server to join and neither did my friends, so we all decided Greenleaf would be the place since we kept coming back to day after day.
    I tend to play at different times throughout the day to be available for Anything. So my schedule is usually 6 A.M. to 12 A.M. CET or 1 P.M. to 6 P.M. CET. I don't really have a sleep schedule so I am always around.

What made you decide to apply to join the Moderator team?

I enjoy helping and making sure everyone is enjoying their time in the server. Being around during different times throughout the day would allow me to help the server when other admins wouldn't be around, whether it be late nights or early mornings. I want to help and support Greenleaf community, whether it be helping them find solutions or dealing with situations that arise on the day to day.
    Since coming to Greenleaf, I was part of Wood's Realty, and currently Employed With SAFR & Run a Restaurant Business Called Pearl’s within Greenleaf which has given me the chance to be known all around the city.

In your own words what are the responsibilities associated with being a Game Moderator? Being a moderator is to make sure players are following the standards of RP, and making sure those who are being disruptive, digressive, and inflammatory to the server are dealt with accordingly. They also ensure that people are well taken care of and that those who are new to FiveM or GLG have everything they need.

Do you have any specific skills or past experience that you could bring to the Moderator Team? Yes, I was an admin on Minecraft server for 6 Years, then admin on an Ark Pvp Server for a year and a half, both are different. One I dealt with people complaining about Griefers or someone continually killing or Admin Abuse, in ARK, People Rule breaking whilst Raiding or wanting the admins to give back what they lost. I think both have made me who I am today

What makes you a better applicant than others?

I’m a level-headed guy who doesn't go straight to conclusions. I try to get all sides of the story before making assumptions.
    I'm always ready to learn new things and to improve myself. Since being part of the GLG community for the last year, I feel that it has made me a better person in general.
    I also like helping people and making them have a better day. Sometimes there is gonna be those who have to be dealt with, but overall I want to give back to the server and its community.

How willing are you to help others over playing the game? Any way I can. For example, I want to make sure everyone is getting along. If I'm busy doing something but someone needs an admin, I would be ready to drop whatever to prioritize my administrator duties, granted it doesn’t disrupt the RP that I am part of.

How do you handle stressful situations? I think I handle them well. We always had troublemakers on the Ark server, always being very argumentative. It has taught me to not back down and make sure that the person in question understands while I try to get them to deescalate the situation until we can come to a solution to their problem.

Situations

➼Situations 1 & 2 must be answered with a minimum of 100 words, Situation 3 must be answered with a minimum of 50 words, please explain why you made the choice you did.

▸You are involved in an RP situation with an obviously new player who goes out of character by saying "I'm new to this server what button do I press?" What would you do?I would try to RP the situation out. Depending on if it was “put your hands up” or something along those lines, I’d try to show them in RP how to ask for help in the future. If it’s something that can't be figured out his problems in RP, then I'd wait for that situation to be over and tell them to follow me somewhere out of the way to speak to them privately to tell them what they need to do.

If this new player is having other character problems such as arms clipping or being “Default Danny”, then I would also tell them that they should get changed. I remember when I was new, I didn't understand how the clothes system worked and had to find someone to explain how it worked. So I would be understanding and I'd show them the way to fix it all and make sure that they knew that they’re not allowed to wear uniforms (Police/EMS/Military).

▸You are spectating an RP situation between police and criminals when you notice a player going out of character and generally not role playing very well. What would you do?

I would wait for the player to get caught and get processed then sent to jail to communicate with them and make sure it doesn’t disrupt the current RP.

If they actually get away, I'd wait to see where they go so that I can get the FIB car and try to catch up to them. Then I’d inform them of who I am and tell them that they shouldn't be going out of character so much. I would continue by saying that they should always try to role-play as best they can, and that they need to understand the police viewpoint. Then I’d hear their side of the story of what is going on. Also I’d request of them that they revisit the rules section on the website so that they know what the server expects them to do.

▸You are spectating a new player and he is attempting to steal cars from locals as well as beating one or two up along the way. What would you do and why? If the player continues hit locals and go to every car and try to steal it, it's not very uncharacteristic and unrealistic if they are an absolute nutshell.

But I would wait for them to stop doing what they do then go around the corner to get the FIB Car and drive up to them to ask what they are doing, to see their thought process. Then I’d explain that it is very unrealistic for them to be going to every car or randomly hitting locals. I would require them to go back and look at server rules for RP standards and the server’s expectations. After, informing them of the situation, I would continue to monitor them once in a while to make sure they don't continue their bad behavior.

Situations pt. 2

▸As a Game Moderators we often drive our FBI car to the scene of the incident/player in question, can you give a few reasons why you think we do this? Admins drive the FIB cars to the scenes for RP purposes. It would be unrealistic to teleport to someone and it helps keep the immersion and professionalism while dealing with an issue that’s RP related or game related.

Also, having the FIB car out informs everyone that it's not a cop, so people don't think that the cops are trying to arrest them. They would see the FIB livery on the car and would know to pull over. If the person doesn't stop at all because they’re going too fast to see the livery, then the admins can try sending them a message along the lines of "Its FIB not a cop".

Final Few

▸A ban you placed gets appealed, you believe the ban is justified and should remain permanent but the player is given a second chance. How would you react? If they get unbanned then they are given a second chance. I do not hold grudges against another person for getting a ban appealed. If the other admins think the player learned from their mistake and won’t do it again then it is not a problem for me. I just want people to abide by the rules.

▸You are in an RP situation with a serious lack of RP and minor character breaks, there are 3 players involved all right there with you, what would you do? I would wait for the situation to be over and after everything is settled, I'd ask them to stick around for a couple of minutes so that I can talk to each person involved. I’d explain why I'm talking to them and make sure they understand the problems. I’d also Inform them to look over the Server Rules again.

2. Jenaa

Jenaa Lead-Admin Staff Member Lead-Admin Supporter Criminal

Thanks for your interest in being a part of our team! I will contact you to set up a time for an interview.

Uxguy likes this.
  3. Uxguy

Uxguy Member

I believe you have my Discordia, Available whenever best time suits you, Thank you :)

Jenaa likes this.