Thank you to everyone who sends money to help keep the server up and running so everybody can have a good time it is appreciated

Turf/Cartel locations, gang fights

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bonksadventure, Feb 12, 2020.

1. bonksadventure

bonksadventure Member Supporter Criminal

I think there should be a red circle on the map, somewhere outside the city isolated, that is a shoot on site area. This area could give a benefit to the gang that holds it. The benefits could be simple, such as name on map of controlling gang, faster picking/or processing times, cheaper weapons, the options are wide. Cops could treat it as a no go zone with exceptions. I feel this would benefit the server in a variety of ways, it would be a money sink for gangs, increase tension among gangs, in turn giving cops more to do. The area could be on a cooldown, or scheduled times throughout day for gangs to fight for control. When a gang controls it they would either control it until another gang claims it after like a 2 hour or so cooldown or until the next scheduled time. There would have to be tweaks and the such, because of server focus on realism and the size of map, but i feel if explored it could help the server grow in the long run.

2. Emily Royale

Emily Royale Member Criminal

-1 That brings me back to the Arma RP days. I hated it then, and I hate it now.

3. Samantha Redfield

Samantha Redfield New Member Criminal

I love this idea. I was just talking about something like this. It would help people get the hell outta their safe zone turfs too especially if you had "perks" of controlling the zoned area. Makes for more conflict, more beef, wars worth fighting because your actually fighting for something. Good idea :)

4. kyleportelli66

kyleportelli66 New Member Criminal

I like the idea.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  5. Wolfe

Wolfe Director Staff Member Director State Police Criminal

More beef over fighting over one area? I doubt it. Gangs could one hundred percent go and control areas right now and they don't. Aside from the Balla's and the Families, who actually RP their gang beef, this would just be a salt factory. Police wouldn't be excluded to showing up in the area either. If shots are fired, police will probably show up; provided there's some around.

I'm not against the idea of giving the gangs some sort of territory war system but honestly, they shouldnt need a system that can already be RP'd. And what happens when people try to control territories? Unless its the generation gangs (Balla's and Families) who know theyre going back and forth and make rules with each other; everyone else reports or complains or whatever when they get shot up for whatever reason.

But I have been thinking of stuff. Just a matter of it's far down on the food chain with other things that have been promised by the Devs.

6. bonksadventure

I get your point to some degree. I do not understand about the salt factory, fully. The idea was to create some salt, but it would be by design. Loads of gangs work together, and do business, this could create some new animosity for some of the gangs to help create that generational war rp you are talking about. I like to shoot shit, but also am not a total dick, tons of people in this community are either generally funny or come off as good peeps, so sometimes finding drama can be hard. It obviously is a rough idea, and first post called me out on the arma 3 system i was working off of. I obviously do not know how/if it would even work in the city due to the size of land mass and dedication to realism. Besides cars and houses, there is no real end game money sink, to keep people hustling on them streets. With this system people would be going thru their weapons stash using them more and losing them more, in turn creating more activity on the streets because they would need to keep earning to keep replacing guns, and the such.
    Example of one way system could go out of many. Every day there could be 4 scheduled times or random times the spot is active. The spot while active would be shoot on site zone for duration of event(20mins). At the end of the 20mins whichever gang controls it, gets predetermined perks until the next schedule time for event, then cycle repeats. The winner of zone could be determined by a couple different ways, but probably like having a process bar that needs to be filled before end of timer, and whoever gets it filled wins turf, if no one gets it, tough luck until the next time. I was just spitballing ideas and they could use a tweak here and there, and it kinda sounds like you been thinking of some stuff on it anyways, thanks for all replies and open minds.

7. Tommy

Tommy Member Supporter

I think it could be a fun feature to have zone wars between gangs. Like the idea.
    But yeah the fact is a lot of mechanics in place in the server can be RP'd.
    Not saying down the line it wouldn't be an option, as Wolfe stated.

Shoot on sight I am not a fan off. What's the RP interaction value there outside of shooting each other?
    Not saying it isn't fun, but there are other platforms to offer this kind of play.

Looking at the numbers these days and the count of people getting hurt or going down,
    it comes close to what we had before. As mentioned at our last community meeting when the city clocked around 700 players going down a week.

I know a lot of people enjoy being crims in the city. And I am all for catering to our community.
    It is a bit going with the flow and creating the server you guys want as well as being responsible, as the leaders of this community to create a vision for the future. Which requires a balance between civ and crim life, city services and the RP that it will promote.

Having everything at hand also affects creativity.
    You can have your perfect plastic dollhouse presented ready for you to play in.
    Or get a box of Duplo blocks.. make whatever you need.
    Rp I consider to be the second. And we will keep adding blocks for you to do so.

Bottomline: I am all for adding blocks to our city to create with. This could be one.
    But it's all a means to an end. An end you can achieve in many ways.

I would also like to remind our great community that fighting, shooting, getting hurt, being upset about it.
    Is a circle you create as a player in the RP choices you make. Violence is just one of the million things you can do
    Example:
    Steal the antenna from rebel radio station and ship it off the island. Charge them for a new one, pay your crew.
    You need to have a truck, possibly a hacker for safety camera's, an engineer to dismantle it right, a backstory why you need it.
    Ship it off through the harbor at night. Plan it, execute it, don't get caught. Remember money just means freedom to RP. Use it to do so. Create.

We stand for 'Roleplay at it's highest level'. Think outside of the box. I am talking in a general matter.
    It is not about winning or losing, it is about the experience it gives you.
    The experience you give others. Give every character you interact with, their moment to shine.
    Do not take things personal, remember this is all acting. If things do get personal, we have different ways to deal with that.

We can all elevate each other to become better role players, this in turn helps the next person to be challenged to do the same.
    And staff will do what it can to reward this, developing and much more :) We have great dev's on the team. And a dedicated team of admins looking at idea's like this to see what we can do with it. So keep it coming. Good idea.
    Just think of RP as a broader scope situational. Stories you create on the long run. And what you can do to start writing today without any dev work. Either we catch up and give it to you or you will have created it yourself. ;)

Cinnaduma and bonksadventure like this.
  8. bonksadventure

Thanks for thought out reply. I do feel it would just be a way to internally create some more gang drama. I do see all the points made and can understand them, once again thanks for reply.

Tommy and Cinnaduma like this.