1. The server fully wiped on 10/27 any new players coming in. This is a fresh start
Thank you to everyone who sends money to help keep the server up and running so everybody can have a good time it is appreciated

Court Case - Verdict Found State of San Andreas vs. Desmond Cooper

Discussion in 'Court Proceedings - Archive' started by Wobble, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Wobble

Wobble New Member BCSO Deputy Criminal

Arraigned By: TBD
    Prosecutor: TBD
    =========================
    Case number: 5162
    Charges: F1 (Murder)

Defendant: Desmond Cooper

Defense Attorney:

=========================
    Arresting (Charging Agency) Officer: Cpl Daniel Hunter | BCSO

Officer(s) Involved: Cpl Daniel Hunter, Sgt Armond Vincere

Witnesses: Stephen Mortelli, Leonardo Mortelli, Antonio Mortelli
    Evidence:
    All of the men were engaging in a family discussion when things became heated between Stephen Mortelli and Dominico Mortelli. During the argument Stephen pushed Dominico and then Dominico drew a pistol and shot Stephen and proceeded to make threats to the other men. At this time Antonio Mortelli, Desmond Cooper and Leonardo Mortelli drew their weapons and fired upon Dominico Mortelli in self defence.

Police Report:
    Patrolling in marked CVPI when BCSO was alerted to a shootout in progress at Alta Street just underneath the freeway. On arrival three individuals later identified as Antonio Mortelli, Desmond Cooper and Leonardo Mortelli were standing together beside a grey Stainer belonging to Antonio Mortelli. I then drew my service pistol and ordered the men to put their hands up and they complied immedietly. Two men were then seen on the ground suffering gunshot wounds later identified as Stephen Mortelli and Dominico Mortelli (Deceased). At this time Sgt A. Vincere arrived on scene and provided cover as I detained Antonio Mortelli, Desmond Cooper and Leonardo Mortelli and medics were called into the scene to provide aid.

Upon questioning at the scene Antonio Mortelli, Desmond Cooper and Leonardo Mortelli all admitted to shooting at Dominico Mortelli who was pronounced dead at the scene after a family dispute between Stephen and Dominico where Dominico pulled out a weapon and fired at Stephen after being pushed. GSR tests were done on Antonio, Desmond and Leonardo and all came back positive.

Leonardo Mortelli was taken to Pillbox hospital for treatment and Antonio Mortelli, Desmond Cooper and Leonardo Mortelli were arrested and taken to Mission Row for processing and each charged with F1 (Murder), sentenced to 40 months in prison and fined $7,500. Due to the penal code requirements all three men await trial.

2. Asu40

Asu40 Active Member Chief Justice Department of Justice

@Cojo
    I find there to be sufficient and probable cause in allowing this case to proceed.
    Trial begins on the 5th day of November at 1200 hours
    Trial ends on 11th day of November at 1200 hours
    The Trial will last 7 days

Superior Court,
    Judge David Johnson

3. Crimson

Crimson New Member

Your Honor,

I'm a family friend of the Mortelli family. Antonio Mortelli asked me to come down to a meeting spot so the family can settle some arguments the we have been having among each other . At first everything seemed fine but then things got heated. Stephen Mortelli pushed his Uncle, Domenico Mortelli, and in retaliation Domenico Mortelli pulled out his pistol and shot his nephew Stephen in the face, right in front of Stephens Father, Antonio Mortelli. After Domenico shot Stephen we all pulled out our guns and when we did Domineco aimed his pistol at all of our heads. Thinking that he was gonna kill us because he just killed a man for pushing him, we fired our guns at him thinking we most likely would have died if we didnt.

Desmond Cooper

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  4. Cojo

Cojo Active Member Supporter

Your Honor,

After reviewing the evidence and statements provided, I have determined that Mr. Cooper was enacting his right to self-defense. Mr. Cooper and two others were threatened at gunpoint by Domenico. Knowing their lives were in immediate danger, Mr. Cooper and the two others drew their sidearms and began to defend themselves against the threat presented. Once the law enforcement officers arrived to the scene, the men were compliant and cooperative. Although this situation is unfortunate, Mr. Cooper did not do anything unlawful.

The District Attorney's Office will not be pursuing any criminal charges against Mr. Cooper that pertain to this case.

Thank you,
    Cody James
    District Attorney

5. Asu40

Asu40 Active Member Chief Justice Department of Justice

Good Evening,

The District Attorney's Office is no longer pursuing any criminal charges in this case, with that being the case this case is "Dismissed"

Mr. Cooper will hereby be reimbursed his $7,500 fine and will be compensated $10,000 for his time served, Mr. Cooper is also to receive any and all seized items.

Thank you,
    Judge David Johnson