Thank you to everyone who sends money to help keep the server up and running so everybody can have a good time it is appreciated

Remove Mechanics ability to fix vehicles

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Brandon Miller, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Member

I waited for over 10 minutes and a mechanic never came. Had to get a Fire personnel with a handy repair kit to come fix my vehicle. Obviously people are not using the mechanic job as intended, and none are responding to tows. One mechanic told me that he was "busy and wait in line". If I used that logic every time I didn't want to respond to a 911 call, my butt would be on the burner. Should not be any different for a mechanic.

2. The Marshal

The Marshal The Shadow Ranger Supporter

Mechanic needs to be relabeled to 'Tow' and they only get their salary when they are with a tow truck.

Erebus likes this.
  3. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Member

+1 Million!
    Take away the ability to repair on site, and that you have to go to specific locations where the "Mechanic" can then fix the vehicle.

4. Dustin

Dustin HELLOOOO?

Possibly put a /fix command in to temp fix and limp it to a los santos cust?

5. Cid

Cid New Member

I think personally, the whole personal slimjim thing needs to be added at the general store before anything. Cars still have a tendency to bug out real easy, and if there isn't a quick solution to that people will get pissed fast.

Once that is added, yes, I agree completely that mechanic needs to be overhauled. Make it so there is a specific zone, like a large cirlce, where they can bring the car to do the repair. That way, the abuse just stops.

Desmond Biaz likes this.
  6. Desmond Biaz

Desmond Biaz Member

mechanic absolutely needs fixed, I got a in game warning for not doing my job, maybe 5 min after letting Emilia back in to her ambulance, I was slim jimming and repairing vehicles in the northern part of the state, I didn't have a tow truck, but a lot of mechanics IRL DO NOT own a tow truck, and still I see people without trucks doing whatever, is that fair? eh IDK, its not up to me.. not to mention as a whole currently the tow truck is honestly a barrier as far as most mechanic stuff goes, there needs to be some repair jobs the mechanic just cant do roadside, the repairs shouldn't fix cosmetic damage, and in all honesty the repairs that are done roadside should have a 5-10 min timer for the vehicle to get to a garage and be properly repaired, totaling a vehicle and then fixing it with a $50 repair kit when you're not a mechanic is amazingly broken, keeping in mind that there have been times when I wanted to put a vehicle up and the garage wants $3,000.00 to put up a busted motorbike and I pull it back use a $50 kit, and like magic, $3,000.00 in damage was fixed with $50. additionally, like players, vehicles need a life span, not a chance your vehicle IRL could handle being totaled out non stop and continuously repaired, yeah that kind of sucks because some of the vehicles are upwards of a million to 3 million and more, guess they'll have to be treated like multi million dollar cars then? just my thoughts on it

7. H4GGLE

H4GGLE Member BANNED Supporter

This kind of stuff worries me. All us in Reapers Repair and Repo try very hard to get to calls when we are "on duty", but there are times we want to not be working. Does this mean we need to go change to unemployed while we are off the clock so we don't get warnings? We are also constantly being held up by other groups, and unfortunately that takes up the majority of our time.

I do like some of the fixes to this issue though. Having to take a car to a place specifically to fix it sounds great, but the tow trucks do love to bug out a lot and won't load vehicles.