1. The server fully wiped on 10/27 any new players coming in. This is a fresh start
Thank you to everyone who sends money to help keep the server up and running so everybody can have a good time it is appreciated

Petition to change speed limit

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SmokinMonk, Jan 30, 2019.

1. SmokinMonk

SmokinMonk Well-Known Member Supporter S.A.F.R. Department of Justice

On roads where the speed limit is 35, I recommend it be changed to 45 or 50 mph. On highways and freeways where it is 70, I recommend it be changed to 80.

These changes are reasonably safe and also benefit drivers because getting from point A to B is difficult in the city with so many traffic lights and intersections. A higher street speed of 50 mph lets people to get through more than one intersection at a time, but the current 35 mph stops you for each intersection. Each of which takes around 2 minutes to circulate. It is a headache to drive in the city as it stands. On the highways, local traffic frequently hits 74-76 mph. Using 80 mph would allow slow passing in the left lane and keep the flow.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  2. The Marshal

The Marshal The Shadow Ranger Supporter

I am in support of this

SmokinMonk likes this.
  3. Don Daricus

Don Daricus Member

I respectfully disagree, I think that posted limits should be maintained and enforced. It's a pain in the ass and it does take longer to get around, true, but that's not necessarily a bad thing overall. You can get places faster (reward) but if you violate traffic laws you may be pulled over and RP may ensue (risk.) There are other ways of getting around the city quickly like via bicycle.

I fully appreciate the irony of me saying this, by the way.

SmokinMonk likes this.
  4. Dustin

Dustin HELLOOOO?

Go in the middle of 35/50 and make it like 40/45 in the city, Generally speed of 45 is easier to hold within the city.

Highway limit is currently 70, most cops give grace myself included anything faster then 80, so 80 on a highway (All cept 68) would benefit from it also seeing as local AI travel 78/87 on the highways it makes since.

SmokinMonk likes this.