1. Our servers are currently experiencing issues. This means one or all of our game servers are down... our Teamspeak may also be down. and our website may experience issues. We are aware of the issue and are working on resolving it as soon as possible.
Thank you to everyone who sends money to help keep the server up and running so everybody can have a good time it is appreciated

Nathire - Administrator Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Nathire, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Nathire

Nathire Member Supporter BCSO BCSO Captain

Getting to know you
    Steam Name: Nathire

RP Characters:
    Wayne Fregia
    Bubba Gum (RIP)
    Harvey Rosenblatz

Your Age: 36

How long have you been a member of Greenleaf? One year

Are you currently a Staff member in any capacity? Nope.

In a minimum of 50 words, tell us about yourself:
    I'm from Texas, born and raised. Have lived here all 36 years of my life aside from 3 months many moons ago. I work in the food safety industry handling sales for the western half of the U.S. for my company and it's a remote job that affords me the time and capability to work from home which I very much enjoy. I roleplay in other text-based games on occasion and love to create, write and enrich stories, worlds and characters that I interact with!

What made you decide to apply to join the Moderator team?
    I've seen the impact that the admins have on not just the in-server aspects of the community but here on the forums and even in Discord and all my experiences with them have been nothing short of wonderful. I want to be able to help make that same impact to all levels of players within GLG, new and old.

In your own words what are the responsibilities associated with being a Game Moderator?
    Admins wear a lot of hats. Perhaps most notably is the enforcer of behavior and punishment of misbehavior as pertains to the server rules. I remember my very first day in the city more than a year ago and recall there being an admin there to help me work out how to do the voice chat function, direct me where to get a job and it was extremely helpful having someone guide someone that was completely new to this style of rp.

Do you have any specific skills or past experience that you could bring to the Moderator Team?
    In my much younger days, I was part of the debate team in high school, which forces you to listen to both sides of an argument and come to an understanding in an objective way. In my professional life, I have been on and headed many teams that require continual monitoring and resolving of disputes on how processes are done and decided upon.

What makes you a better applicant than others?
    I think I have a knack for remaining 'even-keeled' during the most trying of times, particularly involving situations where I'm not participating. I can things from the outside and during interviews with cadets for BCSO, I tell them that they have to do the same thing. That while we may rp as police, we're not the 'fun-police'. We're there to ensure that the server as a whole is healthy and those participating in LEO vs criminal roleplay are satisfied and enjoying themselves. It's a delicate balance to both play your character correctly as they should be and do your best to foster an environment that invites inventiveness and creativity. I believe I have a good way of communicating with people and defusing situations to keep bickering from happening and finding the common ground of what can be done better in future rp scenarios among those involved in situations gone awry.

How willing are you to help others over playing the game?
    I look forward to it! I like playing my cop, but mostly because I feel like he is there to help people in the city. If I'm able to help more than civilians and actually the players themselves (because that it was truly matters, in my opinion), then all the better. When I play D&D, I generally prefer to be the DM in an effort to provide for the players and help guide them along. I believe that translates very similarly here as well.

How do you handle stressful situations?
    I suppose it would determine what the situation is, to be honest? Again, especially if a situation doesn't directly involve me, I can come into it with fresh eyes to be very calm and collected. Maintain a level-head through /reports or seeing blatant disregard for rules would be a very simple thing for me to do, I feel.

Situations 1 & 2 must be answered with a minimum of 100 words, Situation 3 must be answered with a minimum of 50 words, please explain why you made the choice you did.

You are involved in an RP situation with an obviously new player who goes out of character by saying "I'm new to this server what button do I press?" What would you do?
    Depending on the location of where this was happening, likely take this person aside and inform him/her of the keybinding map that can be displayed to help with hotkeys and commands, but also if time allows, provide them more guidance beyond just buttons to press as well as letting them know the proper IC terminology is 'new to this city' instead of using the word 'server'. If there are people around and it would be difficult to properly isolate this new player from others, using the "flex your 'x' muscle to do 'y'" is a suitable alternative to keep things at least quasi-in character for that time. I would let them know that if they have more questions or concerns on things of that nature, not to 'speak' them in public as that would very likely break the rp of those around him/her, but to do a /report if they are still having trouble in the future and have a full conversation with an admin beyond the range of those actively engaged in rp.

You are spectating an RP situation between Police and criminals when you notice a player going out of character and generally not role playing very well. What would you do?
    With my main as an LEO, this is something I've seen several times. There is often escalation on both sides that lead to this and rarely does it ever come down without a third party's engagement. Regardless of who 'started' it, as an admin I would hold to the hope that they could find it within themselves to get back on the right track but if it became evident that wouldn't be the case, separate both parties and assume the identity of the FIB persona to get isolated, individual accounts of what took place, see if there is any recorded footage that could be used on the situation and handle things maturely. There's a distinct possibility that one or both parties wouldn't leave the situation happy, but hopefully they would at least be able to learn from it in order to keep from breaking character and keeping things controlled in similar happenings.

You are spectating a new player and he is attempting to steal cars from locals as well as beating one or two up along the way. What would you do and why?
    Unless there's a server rule I'm unaware of for trying to steal cars from locals or punching NPCs at random, this could be handled a few different ways. If it's obvious this person is alone (no other players about), then a phone call to the police stating that someone is witnessing all of this could afford the player some rp engagement with others, have some fun in a pursuit, etc. If there are other people around, it might necessitate a conversation with the new player telling them about the realism aspect of things and how most people in their right minds don't go running around cities punching people for no reason and that it's similar to RDM, even when it comes to locals. I believe it's something that needs to be observed for a moment before making a snap decision on which route to take.

Kira Caufield, Asu40, Sasha and 2 others like this.
  2. Nathire

As a Game Moderators we often drive our FBI car to the scene of the incident/player in question, can you give a few reasons why you think we do this?
    The two primary reasons are to distinguish from others and also to keep things as in character as possible. It keeps things smoother in a situation to have someone drive up to a scene with a look of authority instead of simply materializing out of nothing. That can be jarring and could break things down even more. There have been many times when admins needs to blur the line between IC and OOC and this is a fine way to do that as well, such as having to explain why the legality of a law exists in a server or why someone can't do this or do that. It's also a signal to other players to effectively leave that situation alone as it's not something to get involved with ICly. It's a very clear indication that what is going on is not happening in character and is warranting a break to resolve an issue.

A ban you placed gets appealed, you believe the ban is justified and should remain permanent but the player is given a second chance. How would you react?
    I would certainly request a discussion with the party that decided to overturn the ban in an attempt to understand what the reasoning in, but there would be absolutely no hard feelings at all. There is a hierarchy to things and a base level admin exists to take on the core of the load to alleviate more pressing issues from senior staff/directors. The role of an admin is to enforce the rules of the server and if someone 'higher' believes that someone is not at ask of breaking those rules in the same way again, there's no reason to argue that fact. I may monitor the previously-banned a little closer in the future, but other than that, I would trust in the decision made.

You are in an RP situation with a serious lack of RP and minor character breaks, there are 3 players involved all right there with you, what would you do?
    I think this one is a bit more delicate as you need to know the people involved. If there are any strangers in the mix, things need to be buttoned up tightly and things need to stay rigidly in character, particularly if things get to the level of being disruptive. I'm able to go with the flow a lot of times and if the RP situation is something more on the 'silly' side, I honestly believe breaks to sometimes be ok, but it's a case by case basis and things have to be judged how the receptivity of those involved. If it's bothering even one player, than all need to straighten up and through either a simple message via /ooc to let people know things need to steer another direction or assuming that admin persona to get the message across clearly, it's something that would need to be done.

Danobot, Kira Caufield, Asu40 and 4 others like this.
  3. Jenaa

Jenaa Lead-Admin Staff Member Lead-Admin Supporter Criminal

Thanks for your interest in being a part of our team! What times/days are you typically available? Please include the timezone. :)

4. Nathire

Hi! I work from home and usually I can be around from 9:00am CST through 1:00am CST

Danobot likes this.
  5. Dakkerrss

Dakkerrss Member BCSO BCSO Captain Criminal

+100000000, one of the most level headed guys I've ever met and had the pleasure to work with. 10/10, incredibly kinda and genuine guy.

Danobot, Jenaa, Bkam and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sasha

Sasha Active Member Supporter BCSO Deputy Criminal

Fregia is probably the best fit you'll find. Soothing personality, very good at dealing with people. Very healthy mindset.

Danobot, Jenaa, Bkam and 2 others like this.
  7. Danobot

Danobot REEEE Machine Staff Member Asset Developer BCSO Deputy Criminal

#FregiaForAdmin <3 +100

Nathire likes this.