Thank you to everyone who sends money to help keep the server up and running so everybody can have a good time it is appreciated

Accepted Ileel - Administrator Application

Discussion in 'Approved' started by Ileel, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Ileel

Ileel Member Supporter Criminal

Title: "Your Forum Name - Administrator Application"
    Post your completed application here.

Getting to know you
    Steam Name: Queen

RP Characters:
    - Lee Hussell
    - Hagrid Hamm

Your Age(Min 18):

How long have you been a member of Greenleaf?
    - Closing in on 2 months

Are you currently a Staff member in any capacity?
    - I am not.

In a minimum of 50 words, tell us about yourself:
    - I am a disabled veteran of 6.5 years in the the U.S. Army as an Infantryman. I am a father of one 6 year old boy. In the real world I work as a pressure welder up in the beautiful state of Alaska. I enjoy gaming both virtually and with pen and paper. I have been roleplaying for over 20 years now.

What made you decide to apply to join the Moderator team?
    - Honestly, I feel there is a need for people dedicated to moderating during the EU hours. Not only are the cops usually a bit lax around the time but so are individuals with admin powers. I feel that it would be very useful for the server to have another individual around.

In your own words what are the responsibilities associated with being a Game Moderator?
    - Simply put, server health. From fixing OOC problems to IC problems. Moderating disagreements between players, correcting issues that arise, and getting rid of players who have no desire to RP who are just hear to ruin people's valuable game time. A moderator is responsible for keeping the server moving forward in a healthy manner. They are responsible for making sure it is a safe and comfortable environment for people to play in.
    - At the same time it is not a Moderator's job to make everyone happy and to give them anything. That needs to come from RP.

Do you have any specific skills or past experience that you could bring to the Moderator Team?
    - I have moderated several twitch channels with some of them being quite popular. Other than that I have not been a moderator. I do have some experience with conflict resolution that could be helpful.

What makes you a better applicant than others?
    - My willingness to put in time. My ability to remain totally objective as well as empathize with any viewpoint.

How willing are you to help others over playing the game?
    - I am willing to make sure everything is fair. Some people do better and some do worse but that is a part of RP. What I am willing to do is to make sure people have a environment where they do not feel as though they are not wanted. I am willing to put myself out there to make sure that they are not being bullied, or specifically targeted for OOC reasons.

How do you handle stressful situations?

Situations
    ➼Situations 1 & 2 must be answered with a minimum of 100 words, Situation 3 must be answered with a minimum of 50 words, please explain why you made the choice you did.

▸You are involved in an RP situation with an obviously new player who goes out of character by saying "I'm new to this server what button do I press?" What would you do?
    - I would do the same thing I do now as someone who is not a moderator. I play off what they are saying with something such as "Button? What do you mean a button? Are you carrying a keyboard around with you or something?" Most people are pretty quick on the uptake that they went OOC. If they still don't get I will be a bit more direct. I would prefer not to have to resort to using OOC powers as a moderator to resolve most situations. I will do what I need to to get the person to understand but I won't go heavy handed to start with. Basically, it's an escalation of force example.

▸You are spectating an RP situation between Police and criminals when you notice a player going out of character and generally not role playing very well. What would you do?
    - In this situation I would take the person aside. I would have a talk with them and explain why this isn't acceptable. In my honest opinion, you should play through the situation in RP first. If you must have someone to intervene, they should submit a report to get an admin either watching or fixing the situation. Once you go completely OOC you damage the quality of RP if not outright ruining it. I understand it sucks to get caught by the cops sometimes, but things are better fixed in a private setting instead of public. I would warn the person and explain how it is wrong. If the person does not see reason or cannot fix his OOC problems then I would put forward he needs a little timeout.

▸You are spectating a new player and he is attempting to steal cars from locals as well as beating one or two up along the way. What would you do and why?
    - I would do nothing. That is not the duty of a moderator. That is the duty of the State Troopers or the BCSO. People steal cars. People beat up locals. Yes, this is supposed to be RP and serious RP on top of that, but at the end of the day this is still using GTA V as a medium. Stealing cars is not an uncommon thing. I would not intervene as long as the player was limiting himself to doing that. If he started stealing cars and attacking players or going on an extreme rampage I would have a talk with him but a couple locals and a couple cars is not a huge deal.

Situations pt. 2
    ▸As a Game Moderators we often drive our FBI car to the scene of the incident/player in question, can you give a few reasons why you think we do this?
    - Even when acting as an Admin in an official capacity, you don't want to break RP if it is not necessary. If the situation can be fixed IC then that is how it should be done. Plain and simple. Constantly being OOC is a detriment to RP in my personal opinion.

Final Few
    ▸A ban you placed gets appealed, you believe the ban is justified and should remain permanent but the player is given a second chance. How would you react?
    - I would be okay with it. It is someone's right to appeal. If more eyes than mine see the report and feel it was unwarranted then it probably was. I am not a heavy handed person if I am not forced into it. And I am human, I can and will make mistakes. In the event that I feel it is 100% warranted then I will make my thoughts known, but I will not harbor any ill will or grudges if a decision I made is overturned.

▸You are in an RP situation with a serious lack of RP and minor character breaks, there are 3 players involved all right there with you, what would you do?
    - I would have a talk with them. I would try to explain that they need to RP and stay in character. I am a reasonable person and I understand some people are the best at it. I might even jump in and try to spark some RP if I feel it would help out. I would honestly try not to do it as a moderator either. I feel acting in a mod capacity needs to be reserved and used only when necessary. Just like the earlier situation with the new person breaking character, I would try to point them the right way IC long before I would go to OOC.

Nathire, Aryxa, JustEthan and 3 others like this.
  2. Jenaa

Jenaa Lead-Admin Staff Member Lead-Admin Supporter Criminal

3. Ileel

As I seemed to of missed a section since I thought it was a header for a section, I will add it here:

How do you handle stressful situations?
    - I am quite familiar with stressful situations. From 6.5 years in the Infantry with multiple tours to Iraq to working in high stress environments in welding and general construction. I am good at compartmentalizing situations and figuring out what needs to be done. I am a laid back person and that shows in how I interact with people. It takes quite a bit to get me actually upset.

4. Nanorano

Nanorano Big Mood

+1 great guy and isn't afraid to drop stuff to help people. Think he'd be a real good addition to our staff team to help out in EU hours as thats his majority play time.

5. Armond Vincere

Armond Vincere Nutty Protector BANNED

+1 great guy.
    Very active during early EU hours. (in between Asia/EU) which who make a great addition to our timezone coverage

6. JustEthan

JustEthan Some dude Supporter

7. Aryxa

Aryxa Senior-Admin Staff Member Senior-Admin Supporter

8. danstaa

danstaa Developer Staff Member Developer Criminal

GIANT +1 FROM THIS GUY
    <----- THATS ME!

9. skrub

skrub Community Owner Staff Member CommunityOwner Underworld Authority Director State Police

when can u talk

10. Ileel

I can talk now

11. Ileel

I will be around from now until much much later @skrub

12. Ileel

I will also be around all day today as well.