1. The server fully wiped on 10/27 any new players coming in. This is a fresh start
Thank you to everyone who sends money to help keep the server up and running so everybody can have a good time it is appreciated

Flight Instructors.

Discussion in 'Civil Aviation Authority' started by sankiro, May 17, 2019.

1. sankiro

sankiro Member Supporter

I have been trying to get my Pilots license for a month. there are no instructors active on the server, I want to get my instructors license so I can turn it into a profession on the server. What can be done?

2. Matthew

Matthew Head of Judiciary Department of Justice

Obtain your student license then your commercial then your instructor license

3. DankHoneyOil

DankHoneyOil Member

I think he's trying to ask how to go about doing that when there is no instructors active.

He has IRL flight experience and he's extremely active on the server so I'd like to see that happen, many of us wanting licenses but its basically impossible. You have 1 trainer and his IRL life is overwhelming the flight classes just don't happen.

4. sankiro

sankiro Member Supporter

There are no instructors in town any other ideas on how to "Obtain" a private pilots license on GL?

5. TwoBitBob

TwoBitBob New Member Supporter

I too am looking to get training and obtain my private then commercial pilots licences

6. SmokinMonk

SmokinMonk Well-Known Member Supporter S.A.F.R. Department of Justice

I'm one of three CFIs and have been doing my best to prioritize people with prior (IRL or SIM) piloting experience and or people who want to become an instructor. Things have been rough this past week and I've done about 10 hours of flight training in the last two weeks. One person took 5 hours of training and testing time, two others took 2 hours each for the SPL, one took a test that lasted 1 hour. Two people got their CPL. Its not that things aren't getting done but WHEN and HOW its getting done. Two servers is also a bit tricky for this reason.

Instructors are rare right now and the truth is anyone who has an in game PPL can get their CPL or instructor rating rather simply right now. They do not require training time, but do require sit down and talk time at the minimum. Just ask and we'll see if you can't get the license straight away. Realistically CFIs are mostly newly minted private pilots and its considered one of the typical jobs a new commerical pilot can get into straight away. So people who've just gotten their private license should give it a shot, even if they just want to teach their friends.

Although I stick to my principles and ensure that everyone gets the same level and quality of training in game, I am not against granting licenses in special situations. For ANYONE who can clearly demonstrate to the commensurate knowledge in text or voice chat, for the time being I will make exceptions. I am willing to compromise to get people in the door but its been made very clear time and time again that the training program as is , is what people enjoy and love about flying in GLG. Its not a cereal box license, its a real challenge that most people can succeed in.

I'm writing this in hopes that it reaches the people who are curious or want to know more about whats happening with trainings.

7. SmokinMonk

Get in touch with instructors via the GLG discord under "Pilots Club", or discord message me privately. User name is Monk, same photo as here. As always, feedback and opinions are MORE than welcome.

8. sankiro

sankiro Member Supporter

Great thanks, I'm sure you are loaded with schedules. Is there a current Waitlist? if so how long it it :)

9. SmokinMonk

Have a class planned for today around noon.

10. sankiro

sankiro Member Supporter

Doah! won't be in the city till this evening. You do these weekly? OR what's the best way to schedule something?