Thank you to everyone who sends money to help keep the server up and running so everybody can have a good time it is appreciated

Collins - Administrator Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Collins, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Collins

Collins Member BCSO Deputy Criminal

Title: "Your Forum Name - Administrator Application"
    Post your completed application here.

Getting to know you
    Steam Name: ImCollins

RP Characters:
    Andrew Collins- Homeless Civilian
    Jason Collins - WaPO
    Frank Collins - BCSO

Your Age(Min 18):
    18 (as of March 04)

How long have you been a member of Greenleaf?
    2.5 months (approximately)

Are you currently a Staff member in any capacity?
    No

In a minimum of 50 words, tell us about yourself:
    Howdy, I am Andrew Collins an 18-year-old from down south, Midwest texas. I am a very helping and supporting person. I am going to be attending Texas Tech University for an engineering degree. I play 2 sports, basketball and football which I sadly won't be doing in college, but it is also a good thing to focus more on my school work. I used to play baseball which I realize was a waste of my time as I quit it last year. In my free time I enjoy watching youtube, working out, listening to music, playing FiveM obviously, and every now and then I will go for a jog in the morning if I have the ability to wake up. I have been playing GTA RPs for about 3 years. I started to do developing and graphics (liveries, textures, etc) for servers. One thing I have recently done that was really fun was attending a breast cancer awareness run with my mom and raise money for local charities for research and development to fight breast cancer. There is a program I attend every year called Miles For Mom which is a cancer awareness run that is held every year on October the 13th to raise money. My mom was previously diagnosed with breast cancer and ended up fighting it and getting completely cured so doing that charity run really meant a lot to her. (This just came up but another cool fact is that I actually enjoy writing which amazes people because to most people writing is pretty boring).

What made you decide to apply to join the Moderator team?
    I enjoy Green leaf so much. My plans are to be here long term and meet new people along the way. I try to get better at everything I do so getting the chance to be a Moderator at an elite server would help me grow a lot.

In your own words what are the responsibilities associated with being a Game Moderator?
    The game moderators' main responsibility is to ensure everyone in the server is obeying the rules and that the server is clean of any issues. This position is also to be a role model for non-staff to look up to. At this position, you set an example for regular users.

Do you have any specific skills or past experience that you could bring to the Moderator Team?
    I am really good at taking constructive criticism. I try to stay positive when I make mistakes because I end up learning from that experience and getting better next try. We all make mistakes but we should all have a second chance to make it better.

What makes you a better applicant than others?
    As said above I can take criticism well. Most people will get down on themselves for making mistakes or getting talked to for what they did wrong. I like to be told what i did wrong and can handle being yelled at or told what I could do better.

How willing are you to help others over playing the game?
    I have a lot of past experience with being staff in other servers so doing this wouldn't be a big deal to me as I'm pretty used to it already. I enjoy helping people and finding solutions to their problems.

How do you handle stressful situations?
    I will admit I used to be terrible at stressful situations. I would pull my hair and just give up. In the past few years, I have definitely gotten better at it. I take a breath and try to relax because stress makes things worse.

Situations
    ➼Situations 1 & 2 must be answered with a minimum of 100 words, Situation 3 must be answered with a minimum of 50 words, please explain why you made the choice you did.

▸You are involved in an RP situation with an obviously new player who goes out of character by saying "I'm new to this server what button do I press?" What would you do?
    Considering the fact that he is new I would try to say something like "Welcome to the city, to answer your question you flex your ___ muscle." Afterward, I would let him know to use the /keys command to see what key binds do what. The reason I would choose to do this is that when you replace what they said with the in character way of saying it they learn from that and say "muscle instead of "key" and "city" instead of "server". I learned this way and it was a very useful way of learning how to talk in character. Also, getting the user to utilize /keys command to see all the keys is useful for them to study and learn the keys of the city rather than asking all the time.

▸You are spectating an RP situation between Police and criminals when you notice a player going out of character and generally not role-playing very well. What would you do?
    This is a situation where you have to play it by ear. if you can tell the person is making no attempt to RP and is just flat out not RPing I would simply kick because having people that just ruin RP scenarios by generally not caring can affect how others feel about the server. If it is in the case where the person isn't RPing well and is civil about it I would talk to them after the scenario to make sure the scenario continues. Talking to them after the scenario would make it better because having an admin come in the middle of the scene to just say "stop breaking character" and continuing the scene after pretty much ruins it.

▸You are spectating a new player and he is attempting to steal cars from locals as well as beating one or two up along the way. What would you do and why?
    In this situation,I would try to let the RP of the city take control. For example, I would maybe even intervene and be a bystander or call the police rather than taking a staff approach on the person because creating more RP out of situations where there might not be much is what makes great servers. Building off smaller RP gets more people involved and can really make it fun for that new player.

Situations pt. 2
    ▸As a Game Moderators we often drive our FBI car to the scene of the incident/player in question, can you give a few reasons why you think we do this?
    I love seeing this rather than seeing a mod with "STAFF" vest and "STAFF" car rolling around. The FBI cars actually point out that "hey they're staff" but it helps to not ruing scenarios. People know staff as Federal as Federal is usually the highest of authority and makes the big decisions of cities, states, nations, etc. My first day in the city when I saw an FBI car I immediately knew that they were the staff of the server about dealing with a scenario. Scared me a bit as I thought they'd be coming for me though.

Final Few
    ▸A ban you placed gets appealed, you believe the ban is justified and should remain permanent but the player is given a second chance. How would you react?
    I would react in a civil way. I understand my opinion is not always 100% right. That's why it's an opinion not a fact. Every user deserver a second chance and them appealing the ban means that they care for the server and want to come back and fix what they did before.

▸You are in an RP situation with a serious lack of RP and minor character breaks, there are 3 players involved all right there with you, what would you do?
    Due to the fact that it is all the players there who are doing it, I would apprehend them immediately. Yeah, he may be alone but if someone were to come to them right there they would have to be in character immediately. I would tell them to keep it in character rather than breaking character. If able to I would also wait until their situation is over to talk to them. Again I don't want to ruin scenarios to just remind them of something small like that.

2. Jenaa

Jenaa Lead-Admin Staff Member Lead-Admin Supporter Criminal

Thanks for your interest in being a part of our team! What times/days are you typically available? Please include the timezone. :)

3. Collins

Collins Member BCSO Deputy Criminal

Hey, thanks for the reply. I am available pretty much every day from 12 pm CST to 11 pm CST.

4. Jenaa

Jenaa Lead-Admin Staff Member Lead-Admin Supporter Criminal

Declined