1. The server fully wiped on 10/27 any new players coming in. This is a fresh start
Thank you to everyone who sends money to help keep the server up and running so everybody can have a good time it is appreciated

Declined BREEZIN - Game Administrator Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by BREEZIN, Jul 22, 2019.

1. BREEZIN

BREEZIN Salt Taste Tester Staff Member Administrator Sheriff BCSO Criminal

Getting to know you
    Steam Name: BREEZIN

RP Characters: Arlo Davis (Fallen Angels) and Casey Davis (Detective BCSO)

Your Age: 18

How long have you been a member of Greenleaf?
    5 months

Are you currently a Staff member in any capacity?
    Not in this server. However, I previously have owned a server on 'The Isle' that had over 1,000 active Discord members, along with that I was a Head Admin on another server in 'The Isle' before that has over 5,000 members in discord who constantly played. So, I was dealing with people and handling issues constantly. I am very good with people from that experience, I stay unbiased, and keep a controlled environment when talking to them.

In a minimum of 50 words, tell us about yourself:
    I am 18 years old as previously stated, but I am very mature. I absolutely love RP and keeping everything in server IC unless necessary otherwise. On top of that, I do have past experience so I am trained and very able to help people out and I am very good at recognizing the behavior of someone that is about to break a rule. I keep a calm tone and a cool head when helping people when they get a little hot headed as well. On top of all that, I have a lot of time I can spend in server to help out along with discord. Finally, I am a really nice guy and very understanding. I love meeting new people whether it be the admin team or players in the city. I also have completely flipped my schedule around to be apart of this incredible community and being apart of it has changed my life. In the end, we search for connection and this community has served as a really good source of that for the time I have been here.

What made you decide to apply to join the Moderator team?
    The experience I have been given here has been incredible, and in turn, I want to give back to the people who gave me that experience and not only help them out by lifting a load off their shoulders, but also give new players the same experience and make sure they can fully immerse inside this fantastic city.

In your own words what are the responsibilities associated with being a Game Moderator?
    The responsibilities of being a Game Moderator are to make sure that everyone experience is the best it can be. That includes making sure other people aren't ruining their experience, making sure that bugs are ruining situation, and to just provide the best customer service you possibly can to the best of your ability. The one thing I like to run off of is, servers run off of the people that play on them, and without these players the server wouldn't be what it is, so being a Game Moderator, our job is to give a reason for these players to keep coming back whenever they can.

Do you have any specific skills or past experience that you could bring to the Moderator Team?
    I previously have owned a server in a game called 'The Isle' with over 1,000 members in discord that actively played, and I was also a Head Admin on a server with over 5,000 active members on the same game. Therefore, I can bring many things to the table like having an unbiased opinion, handling stressful situations responsibly, handling hot headed players, and being able to recognize 'rule breaking behavior'.

What makes you a better applicant than others?
    I believe my past experience, professionalism, and work ethic will prove me to be a better applicant than anyone else out there. I am not trying to sound like I have an ego the size of the Eiffel Tower, but I believe I can bring many things to the server, and help create an awesome environment for current and future players than anyone else.

How willing are you to help others over playing the game?
    I believe in providing the best customer service I possibly can, so that means whenever someone needs help, I will be there. Now, obviously I will finish any RP situations I get into, however, once clear to help out I guarantee a speedy and efficient response.

How do you handle stressful situations?
    I like to handle stressful situations by asking for help from another admin to get the best result we possibly can for the players. One thing I learned is that asking for help is absolutely crucial in an admin position. If I ever get overloaded, I ask for help so I don't have to handle everything at once and so I don't get stressed out in the first place.

Situations
    ➼Situations 1 & 2 must be answered with a minimum of 100 words, Situation 3 must be answered with a minimum of 50 words, please explain why you made the choice you did.

▸You are involved in an RP situation with an obviously new player who goes out of character by saying "I'm new to this server what button do I press?" What would you do?
    I would first respond to him by keeping it in an RP manner by saying, "In this city you have to flex you're "" muscle". After that I would respond in OOC chat advising him to use the helpful commands to new players like /help and /keys in order for him to know the keybindings in the server to the best of his ability. Finally, I would then tell him in OOC chat to keep all VOIP communication In Character so he does not ruin the experience for any other player. If he continues, I would follow proper stages of punishments. I believe obvious new players deserve a chance to redeem themselves, and also deserve help to keep themselves in character. This way they can enjoy the server to its full potential, while also boosting the experience of fellow players.

▸You are spectating an RP situation between Police and criminals when you notice a player going out of character and generally not role playing very well. What would you do?
    I would tell them through admin chat that they must stay In Character when the server. After that, if they continues I would wait for the RP situation to end and wait for it to be clear for me to go to them and talk to them as an admin about staying in character and RolePlaying correctly, almost acting as an advisor to make sure they can fully immerse themselves along with the people beside them. If it continues beyond that, I would follow the proper punishments for such actions. I believe people do slip up at times, and with help of an admin they can really boost their performance in the following RP situations, which in turn can boost the performance of the other players around them almost acting as a role model.

▸You are spectating a new player and he is attempting to steal cars from locals as well as beating one or two up along the way. What would you do and why?
    I would first tell them to act realistically through an admin message directly to them. If they continue to do so, if they are alone, I would go to them with 'admin' uniform and ask them why they are doing this, I believe there are two sides to every situation, so what I would see as unrealistic they could see as something completely different. If they don't give me an answer that directs their actions being towards something realistic and RP related, then I would talk to them further about being realistic and the certain rules of the server that prohibit these actions. Beyond that, I would then leave after the conversation has ended and continue spectating the individual. If they persist the actions, then I would follow through with the proper response necessary for such actions.

Situations pt. 2
    ▸As a Game Moderators we often drive our FBI car to the scene of the incident/player in question, can you give a few reasons why you think we do this?
    I believe this is done to show that what is about to happen is potentially OOC and federal (server side) business. It shows professionalism within the admin team in server and beyond that, it shows the players that the individuals within the vehicle are not their characters, but admin. They are not going to be acting as their characters, but as federal employess to benefit the server. On top of that, it signifies that it is important business and that there will be very little RolePlaying taking place. With that, it shows players that they are there to stop something that is going on, stopping players from breaking a rule, and to overall boost the experience for other players in the server at that time. All in all, the FBI car is used as a way to keep RP for others in effect acting as Federal Agents, but also to handle a certain situation.

Final Few
    ▸A ban you placed gets appealed, you believe the ban is justified and should remain permanent but the player is given a second chance. How would you react?
    If this were to happen I would respect the decision made by my peers. I would not argue with them or cause a scene with them, because in the end, that will not help anything. If they believe said player deserved a second chance I will back them up on their decision and leave it at that. It is both a waste of time for them and for me to make a big deal about something small.

▸You are in an RP situation with a serious lack of RP and minor character breaks, there are 3 players involved all right there with you, what would you do?
    Depending on how serious the character breaks or how serious the presence of the lack of RP is, I would act in a necessary manor. If it is urgent and something that needs to be fixed immediately I would type in OOC chat telling them to stay in character and to keep RP present, after that I would leave and change and wait for the right timing to talk to them all one on one about stating what they have done wrong and what to do to fix it. If it is not urgent, I would let the situation play out, and when the timing is right I would then change into an 'admin' uniform and come back and talk to them one on one about the server rules, and staying in character along with keeping the RP serious and present.

I understand I am 8 days short of the 90 days, but I wanted to get this in before applications closed.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    DankHoneyOil likes this.
  2. Buckeyes

Buckeyes Developer Staff Member Developer Supporter BCSO Chief Deputy Criminal

+1 great guy, would make a good admin, strong recommendations from me

3. skrub

skrub Community Owner Staff Member CommunityOwner Underworld Authority Director State Police

Thanks for the effort in your app. at this time will be looking at other candidates feel free to reapply within 30 days of this date